2020 Virtual Autism Hero Walk
All funds raised stay in the Inland Empire to benefit local families!
The 2020 Autism Hero Walk is going virtual!
In light of the recent guidance from the CDC regarding large community events and the nature of our Autism Walk, we have decided to make this year’s event a virtual event! Although we are saddened that we will not see you in person, we are turning this into an opportunity for a virtual show of support for our community and raising funds to provide vital services to the Inland Empire autism community.
#AutismSocietyIE #HeroesUnite Challenge
The Autism Society Inland Empire Hero Challenge: On Sunday, April 19th we want you to share a picture, story or video of your family/supporters with your hero mask, costumes, team shirts.
· upload it to Facebook or Instagram accounts AND tag us @AutismSocietyInlandEmpire and use the hashtag #AutismSocietyIE (pictures have to be public)
· or email pictures to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Imagine hundreds of pictures being uploaded on April 19th. This is our chance to show the Inland Empire we are not alone and there for each other!
We will be awarding special prizes for Team Spirit, Most Creative Costume, Picture We Share that has the Most Likes.
Why is it important to participate?
Our Hero Walk is the Autism Society Inland Empire’s largest event of the year. Due to circumstances out of our control, we are not able to hold this annual empowering, fun, family event that is devastating to us. We are asking our community to support us in making this virtual event a success so we can continue providing vital services to fill the need of our families.
We do not want to lose these important services:
· 3 part-time Resource Specialists who provide personalized phone and email support to individuals with autism, family members and professionals to help them navigate through the systems and resources. Last year alone we received over 20,000 emails and almost 2,000 phone calls. These Resource Specialists also keep our Resource Listings up to date and help publish the quarterly Resource Guides.
· Our workshops. In addition to larger conferences, the Autism Society puts on smaller workshops to address timely issues. These workshops give families and professionals the opportunity to receive information from subject matter experts.
· Family Events. Money raised at the Walk pays safe social outings for children, teens, and adults with autism and their family members. This includes our groups for teens and adults on the spectrum, our Play Together Family Nights, our Waterpark Days and Holiday Parties.
100% of the funds raised at this event stay in the Inland Empire to help local families!
What if I don’t send a picture?
That’s okay! We do not require a picture for you to participate. We will send you any earned fundraising prizes regardless if you participate or not.
How Will I Receive the Resources?
Sponsor and vendor resources will be shared via our newsletter, social media, and our website depending on what sponsorship level they are.
When will Hero masks be mailed?
We will be mailing Hero masks starting April 1st through the US Mail to all registered walkers. We will email the individuals who donate if they want us to mail a mask.
What about prizes?
Team captains will be mailed the prizes they earn. We encourage people to continue to fundraise to help fund services for families in the Inland Empire. We will mail prizes the week after the Walk to team captains and individuals who are raising money.
What is I want to cancel?
Although we are accepting cancellations, your donation is needed and much appreciated. Funds raised from this event or crucial to our programs and us serving local families.
100% of the funds raised stay in the Inland Empire.